Gaiam.com, Inc

11.23.2006

Have you seen "The Secret?" Apply and Accelerate the Law of Attraction by Johanna Vanderpol

Have you seen "The Secret?" Apply and Accelerate the Law of Attraction by Johanna Vanderpol
Copyright (c) 2006 Johanna Vanderpol

How Can Our Emotions Serve the Law of Attraction?

I am the one who researched the fascinating and exciting field of emotional intelligence. It enabled me to pull out of thirty years of chronic depression. Then I wrote a book called Honouring Your Emotions: Why it Matters. For the past five years I have been practising the Law of Attraction before anybody ever heard of it. Practising the Law of Attraction along with listening to the messages in my emotions (which is part of the practice) has changed my life. Now I would like to share what you need to know to live your life by the Law of Attraction and listen to the messages in your emotions so you can create a fulfilling life easily.

What is the Law of Attraction? In short, what you think is what you get. Whenever you get bogged down in too many details about this principle, whenever you are tempted to make learning everything there is to know about the law of attraction a big project in your life, whenever you feel like you need to know everything about the law of attraction before you try it, just try it anyways by remembering only one thing: "WHAT YOU THINK IS WHAT YOU GET."
Now, let me give you some background. There is an abundant energy in the universe that is available to all of us. When we think a thought, we are connecting to that universal energy. The universe will set in motion that which responds to your thoughts. So, for example, when you decide that you need someone to talk to today, someone will call you or email you, apparently out of the blue and you will find yourself talking to them. But the reality is that you set the wheels in motion by thinking the thought. Conversely, when you think about how poor you are or how lonely you are or how sick you are even if you say, "I don't want to be in debt anymore." the universe does not hear "I don't want" it hears what you focus on which is "debt."

So, I would suggest that you focus on what you want in life, not what you don't want. When I first started manifesting, it would take a week or two for whatever it was I asked for to appear. I started with small things. It felt safer. After awhile it would take about 48 hours. Then I noticed things started happening within two hours after I sent out the message! Whoah! I got spooked and left it alone for awhile. But it wasn't long before I started feeling that I was operating at a sub-optimal level, so I picked it up again and have been doing it every since. That was five years ago.

Now, let me share with you the simple steps I go through in order to manifest what I want or need for today, this month, this year, or in any part of my life.

Step One: Be clear and specific about what you want. Be sure that you focus on what you want and not what you don't want. Start with something small. Make a specific verbal or written statement or both. Written has its own power because you can refer back to it. You could even have a specific book where you write only your manifestation statements. Some examples:

1. "Today I will manifest a stress-free and pleasant day."
2. When you go to bed, you are a snorer and don't want to disturb your partner you could say, "I will breathe freely and easily tonight."
3. "Today, I will find the right person to read my manuscript."
4. "Today, I will manifest the extra money needed to pay off my Mastercard."
5. "This year, I will live an optimal life."
6. "This year, I will have an abundance of friends that I enjoy and they enjoy me."
7. "I will meet the man of my dreams in the next sixty days."
8. "I will find the perfect apartment for me and my son in the next thirty days."


You get the idea.

Step Two: Send your message out to the universe. Trust that the universe receives, hears and honours your message. Visualize your message as an energy stream coming from your mind and being sent by you into space in an upwardly direction.

Step Three: Let it go. Be non-attached to outcome. Again, trust that the universe will take care of it for you. You no longer need to give it energy. It is not for you to decide how it will come to you. It is the job of the universe to decide how it will come to you. When you are invaded by thoughts of "What if it doesn't happen?", just remind yourself to trust the universe that it will do what is best for you. You will get what you need and want. And, believe me, I have done this enough times that it has been proven to me over and over again that my interest, needs and wants have been answered to my satisfaction. As you practice this as often or as little as you want, you will also gain experience and proof that will relax you, because you will see that it works.

Emotions and the Law of Attraction

The connection of emotions to the law of attraction is simple. Our emotions are our built-in guidance system. They let us know the direction we want to go in, the direction that is right for us, the direction that excites us in any endeavour. They help us go in the direction that the universe wants for us and that will allow us to make our highest contribution to humankind.

When we use the messages in our emotions to listen to and honour our longings, we can then use the Law of Attraction to manifest what we want.

I have used this method over and over again consistently for the last five years in achieving everything I want and it has consistently come through for me. I am happier than I have ever been in my entire life and continue to spiral upwards to new levels. I feel more valued and appreciated by people. I have friends that care more deeply for me than I have ever had before. I feel well supported to move forward and will continue to use the messages in my emotions and the law of attraction to make a meaningful and significant life.

Johanna Vanderpol is a professional coach, author and speaker on emotional intelligence, emotional well-being and de-stressing. For more free resources and articles as well as her latest products in this field, go to http://www.johannavanderpol.com/ and download exercises and articles complimenting this article on the support page.


Article Source: ArticleRich.com

No comments: