Gaiam.com, Inc

11.25.2006

The Law of Attraction and Intent

By Keith Renninson

It wasn’t long after I discovered the Law of Attraction from author Lynn Grabhorn that I was introduced to the same principles taught by Esther and Jerry Hicks who originated this line of thinking channeled through the entity known as Abraham. In both writings, the word intent was prominent, and rightfully so.

As we study the energy surrounding our thoughts it would seem so obvious that even though our emotional energy creates, it’s the words used in our thoughts that create the emotional state.

If I were to make the statement, “I intend to write four exciting articles today and happily post them all on the Internet before 5 pm,” the words have power, the power to start and complete a task and meet a deadline with joy.

If, on the other hand, I wrote, “I’ll try to finish four articles by the end of the day,” the words are weak, non-committal, and lack drive and determination, let alone positive energy.

Even though this is a simple use of the word intent it gets my point across. We can live our lives with weak words and lackluster intent or add happiness and zest to bring sparkle to our lives and live intently.

I am new to the Law of Attraction, in just the past two years, but I have seen a significant shift in my energy and the outcome of my intent since applying it on a daily basis. It’s hard not to notice how my life has changed: constant happiness and positive outlook, daily accomplishments achieved without fear of rejection, and a never-ending flow of wonderful experiences arriving at my doorstep. These are things I’ve asked for while on the required emotional high.

Of course, there has also been the successful and ever-present request for the perfect parking spot, the good table in a nice restaurant, a positive outcome in health issues, success in a business sale, etc. etc. That’s the fun of the Law of Attraction and it should be; we need to find fun in the process, not take it too seriously with big issues right away because they take time to see results.

It can be said without a doubt that most of us are not patient, right? Well, this is a new science, a new way of thinking and it will take time to understand our power and use it with intent, desire and passion. I don’t know about you, but I intend to get there with style and quality...and soon.

Anyway you look at it; it’s fun to ponder.



Keith E. Renninson is a motivational speaker and co-author of the popular parenting tool and illustrated storybook "Zooch the Pooch, My Best Friend". Through the 1990's with much self-examination, academic study, bicycle racing, and mountain climbing, he discovered a renewed zest of life, which included a love of metaphysics, philosophy, humor, and writing and speaking. As Keith says, "Some days you're the pigeon and some days you're the statue...it's all in what you make of it." You can read more about "Zooch the Pooch" or contact Keith to speak at: http://www.zoochthepooch.com
Keith and his co-author Michael Conrad Kelley speak to teens and adults on "The Seven Simple Steps to a More Fulfilling Life." This course focuses on how to build a successful Life Philosophy that works for each individual.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Keith_Renninson

No comments: